Includes health prevention and interventions to address nutrition, tobacco use, alcohol and other drugs, risky behaviors, safe communities, emergency preparedness, and environmental health.
*Emails will be responded to during regular business hours Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., except on holidays or if a program lists different hours.
Child Passenger Safety
In Minnesota, three out of four child seats are used incorrectly and many parents aren't aware of the restraint steps a child should progress through as they age and grow. A vehicle is the most dangerous place for children, and crashes are the leading killer of children under age 14.
- To schedule a car seat check, call (763) 689-8281 or Email.
- Click here for Child Passenger Safety information.
We prepare, plan, educate, train, drill staff, partner agencies, and the public to respond to and recover from emergencies and disasters. We provide guidance to healthcare partners as they build capacity and develop plans and protocols for responding to health threats. In addition, we work with other responder agencies to ensure that Isanti County is prepared to respond swiftly and effectively to significant health threats. If you are interested in assisting Public Health and/or healthcare preparedness or during times of emergencies, please register as a volunteer click here MN Responds Medical Reserve Corps. If you have questions regarding emergency preparedness, contact (763) 689-8282 or Email.
Isanti County Public Health helps protect you from environmental health hazards in the home, workplace, and community. Services offered include: Public Health nuisance investigations, radon test kits, well water test kits, consultations, and referrals.
- Contact (763) 689-8282 with any environmental health concerns.
- Click here for Environments & Your Health for more information on a whole host of environmental health topics.
For various reasons, a mother may not always be able to produce breast milk for her baby. Isanti County Public Health’s breast milk depot makes it possible for healthy lactating women who have extra milk to share that gift with an infant in need. Donor milk is often used as a bridge to help nourish premature babies until a birth mother’s milk comes in.
Locally donated milk is dropped off at Isanti County Public Health and will be shipped to the Mother’s Milk Bank of the Western Great Lakes. The donated milk is safely screened and pasteurized at the Mother’s Milk Bank of the Western Great Lakes and returned to babies of need in the surrounding area. Donating moms are also put through a screening process and blood test before their milk is accepted into the program.
Partners in Healthy Living
PIHL is a four-county collaborative of Isanti, Mille Lacs, Kanabec, and Pine counties. PIHL uses science-based strategies that are both effective and long-term. We are working with the schools, healthcare, community, and work sites to reduce obesity and tobacco usage.
- For more information about SHIP, call (763) 689-8265, or Email.
- Click here for Partners in Healthy Living Website
- Click here for SHIP Fact Sheet.
“Supported by the Statewide Health Improvement Partnership, Minnesota Department of Health.”
Tobacco-Free Communities & Youth
Public Health provides comprehensive education, information, and regulation in regards to tobacco.
- Isanti County Tobacco Free Policy
- Isanti County Tobacco Ordinance
- Establishments seeking licensing or renewal, contact (763) 689-4071, or Email.
- Landlords or owners seeking smoke-free housing information or work sites looking for smoking cessation or tobacco policies, contact (763) 689-8265 or Email.
- Cessation Resources:
- External Resources:
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Helps eligible pregnant women, new mothers, babies and young children up to age 5, eat well, learn about nutrition, and stay healthy. Provides nutrition education and counseling, nutritious foods, and referrals to health and other social services.
- To learn more or find out if you are eligible, visit http://www.health.state.mn.us/wic/ or call (763) 689-4212.
- To schedule an appointment call (763) 689-4212.