Frequently Asked Questions

Who is eligible for services?

  • All Isanti County residents are eligible to apply for services. 
  • Each program has it's own qualifications for participation and financial outlines. 
  • Contact the program for guidelines.

Who can make a referral and how is one made?

  • Referrals can come from yourself, family, friends, health care, social workers, school, clergy, etc.
  • To make a referral, contact Public Health at (763) 689-4071 Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

How do I pay for services?

  • Payments are made from many different sources including:
    • Health Insurance - Private, HMO, Medical Assistance, Veterans Administration.
    • Grants - TANF, MCH, Medica, Part C, CTC, SHIP, UCare, United Way, etc.
    • Private Pay - Sliding fee based on family size and ability to pay; no one is denied service due to inability to pay.

Where do I go for Medical Assistance, MinnesotaCare, Childcare Licensing, Child Support, Financial Assistance (Food, Shelter, Childcare), or Emergency Assistance?

  • Contact Isanti County Family Services at (763) 689-1711. 
  • You may also visit their website for more information by clicking here.

What is Radon?  How can I test?

Radon is a colorless, odorless, radioactive gas that seeps up from the earth.  When inhaled, it gives off radioactive particles that can damage the cells that line the lung.  Go to for more information.

Where can I get help with breastfeeding?