- Public records can be viewed in the Isanti County Recorder’s Office
- An overpayment of $10 or less will be receipted in as miscellaneous fees.
- Personal laptops, tablets or storage media cannot be plugged into County Computers
- No photos of any records filed in Isanti County will be permitted.
- Customers must arrive by 4 p.m. to apply for a marriage license, birth certificate or death certificate due to the time required in completing the process.
- We accept Cash, Check or Electronic payments for Birth, Death and Marriage.
- Only cash or electronic payments will be accepted for Marriage License when a 5-day waiver is requested.
- Electronic payments are NOT accepted for any real estate document copies or filings.
If you have a document number and need a copy mailed faxed or emailed the Isanti County Recorder’s Office will be happy to help you when payment is arranged. Please see our fee schedule for current fees.
If you are a current taxpayer in Isanti County and need a copy of your deed, please give our office a call at 763-689-1191.
If an inconsequential correction is made to a real estate document use XXX or a solid line to show the error and write or type the correction and initial to identify the person making the correction. DO NOT use white out, as it can easily be scraped off.
DO NOT us highlighter on a document to be recorded or filed. The highlighter often blacks out the area when reproduced.
Checks for recording real estate documents are distributed to different departments. To avoid confusion separate checks are required for each of the following: Recording Fees, State Deed Tax, Mortgage Registration Tax and Real EstateTaxes (current or delinquent)
If numerous documents are submitted for recording all the recording fees may be submitted on one check.
Isanti County does not have a conservation fee.
General Document Guidelines
Blanket assignments need to include legal descriptions.
A corrective document needs a statement as to the document number of the document be corrected and what is to be corrected.
Real estate documents are returned to the submitter unless an addressed, stamped envelope is submitted with the document for the purpose of mailing the documents to a different party or address.
For a prompt and accurate return of documents, return envelopes are appreciated with all documents.
To request a document be tracted against a specific real estate parcel, it must be received at the time of recording. Requests are not accepted to add land at a later date.
New plat names must be approved by the Recorder’s Office in advance to assure that names are not being duplicated.