Click on Birth Certificate Application or Death Certificate Application to the right to fill and print out a PDF certificate form.
You may also download forms from State of Minnesota Forms and Information.
Who can request a copy of a Birth or Death Certificate?
A new law was effective on August 1, 2000 (Minnesota Statutes, section section 144.225, subdivision 7) which restricts the access to a certified birth or death certificate. You may request a certificate if:
- If you are the subject of the certificate;
- If you are the child, grandchild, spouse, parent, grandparent, legal custodian, or guardian of the subject;
- If you are a personal representative of the estate of the subject; or
- If you are the person who filed or a representative of the organization that filed the birth or death information with the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) or a local registrar.
- For additional information on Tangible Interest and who may obtain a Certificate, visit the State of Minnesota site.
How do I request a copy of a Birth or Death Certificate?
You may come in person to the Isanti County Recorder's Office.
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
You will need identification to show that you have a "Tangible Interest" in the certificate.
What certificates are stored at the Isanti County Recorder's Office?
Birth records prior to 1935 are stored at the county level. If the birth occurred after 1935, the record is stored on the State of Minnesota computer system.
Death records prior to 1997 are stored at the county level. If the death occurred after January 1, 1997, all records are stored on the State of Minnesota computer system.
If the birth or death occurred in a different county prior to these dates, please contact the county office where the event occurred.
What is the cost for certificates?
Certified Birth Record: $26.00
Additional copies purchased at the same time • $19.00.
Certified Death Record: $13.00
Additional copies purchased at the same time • $6.00.