Tax Statement Information
Property Tax Statements
Each year, Isanti County mails Property Tax Statements by March 31. A Notice of Valuation and Classification for taxes payable in the following year is mailed in the same envelope.
Property Tax Statements are also available on our online property information website. You will need to have your property identification number or your address available to access this information.
Property Tax Calculations
Property taxes do not have a set rate like income or sales taxes. With property taxes, taxing jurisdictions determine the dollar amount to raise from property taxes. This is called the "levy." The levy is divided by the total value of the tax base of the taxing jurisdiction to arrive at a tax rate. The tax rate is multiplied by the value of each individual parcel to determine each parcel’s share of the property tax liability. It is possible that taxes may go up even if values went down. The property tax on an individual parcel is affected by a number of factors including:
- Spending decisions (levy) of each taxing jurisdiction
- Change in value (tax base) of a taxing jurisdiction
- Change in your parcel’s value
- How does the value change on your parcel compare to the value change on other parcels, did it go up or down more or less than average?
- Changes due to Homestead
Property Tax Refunds
If you owned and occupied this property as your homestead on January 2, 2019, you may qualify for one or both of the following refunds:
- The Property Tax Refund – If your taxes exceed certain income-based thresholds, and your total household income is less than $113,150.
- The Special Homestead Credit Refund – If you also owned and occupied this property as your homestead on January 2, 2018 and both of the following are true:
- The net property tax on your homestead increased by more than 12 percent from 2018 to 2019, and
- The increase was at least $100, not due to improvements on the property.
For more information: